Over the past 18 years, I have been lucky enough to have met and been mentored by a variety of incredibly patient, supportive, encouraging and intelligent folks both in and outside of education.
Below are a list of some of the different experiences I have had as a result of many of these relationships and interactions.
The University of Pennsylvania
The Penn Literacy Network (PLN)–Click this link for a description of PLN, as well as a list of the workshops, courses, and curriculum work in which I have been involved.
The Pennsylvania Department of Education
- *SAS Institute-Instructional Frameworks–Pennsylvania has developed curriculum maps based on the Pennsylvania Standards in the subject areas of Math and ELA. These maps were developed by Pennsylvania teachers and curriculum specialists with support from the Pennsylvania Department of Education Bureau of Teaching and Learning Curriculum Advisers.
- *Pennsylvania Learns on iTunes U–Pennsylvania Learns iTunes U is an easy-to-use tool that provides resources and activities designed to enhance what Pennsylvania students learn and help bring classroom lessons to life. Created by Pennsylvania educators, Pennsylvania Learns serves as a virtual one-stop-shop of valuable resources by assembling video footage and web content from subject matters experts, as well as thousands of pages from libraries across the world. (Click HERE to Access Courses in iTunes!) Read about the Official Launch of Pennsylvania Learns by clicking HERE!.
- PDE Standards Aligned System Assessment Creator– The Assessment Creator workshop includes educators from across the state to join in this initial three-day event in which they will receive training on evaluating K-12 Mathematics and English Language Arts test questions and then apply that knowledge by evaluating existing items in the SAS Assessment Creator. SAS’s Assessment Creator is an interactive tool that permits users to search a test item database and create a customized assessment for classroom use.
*Co-presented a combination of this work at the following conferences: the SAS Institute (Standards Aligned Systems), PASCD (Pennsylvania Association for Supervision & Curriculum Development), PASA-PSBA (Pennsylvania Association of School Administrators & Pennsylvania School Boards Association), Pete & C (Pennsylvania Educational Technology Expo and Conference), PSLA (Pennsylvania Librarians Association), & PADLA (Pennsylvania/Delaware/New Jersey Distance Learning Association).
Workshops & Conferences on Curriculum, Literacy & Technology
- #FutureReady Community Partnerships: Preservice Teacher Education & The Maker Space, Pennsylvania Science Teachers Association Conference 2017, State College, PA
- Mode Switching’ for Today’s Digital Learner, PSEA Summer Leadership Conference 2017, Gettysburg College, PA
- The Power of And-How High Standards, Rigor, and Student Driven Learning Can Co-Exist, SPSEA Summer Leadership Conference 2017, Gettysburg College, PA
- From Tradition to Innovation: Designing Your Learning Space for the Future Ready Classroom,PSEA Summer Leadership Conference 2017, Gettysburg College, PA
- ‘Mode Switching’ for Today’s Digital Learning, Kutztown University of Pennsylvania 2017, Kutztown, PA
- CO-KEYNOTE with A.J. Juliani: What Happens When Students Own the Learning, Student PSEA Conference 2017, Pittsburgh, PA
- The Power of And-How High Standards, Rigor, and Student Driven Learning Can Co-Exist, Student PSEA Conference 2017, Pittsburgh, PA
- From Tradition to Innovation: Designing Your Learning Space for the Future Ready Classroom, Student PSEA Conference 2017, Pittsburgh, PA
- Strategic Technology Planning for a Future Ready School District, International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE) Conference 2016, Denver, CO
- Charlotte Danielson’s Framework for Teaching Domain 2: Classroom Environment-From Theory to Practice, Temple University 2016, Philadelphia, PA
- Educators on Campus: Common Core Panel, Q&A, Reception 2015. Cabrini College, PA
- Pathways to the Common Core: From English Literature to English Language Arts-Curriculum Design for Today’s Students. Co-presented with Chris Lehman, co-author of Pathways to the Common Core. Rancocas Valley Regional High School, NJ.
- Establishing and Maintaining Effective (AND HEALTHY) Relationships with Students.
Delaware Valley College, PA
- Content Area Literacy to Address the Common Core Standards. Delaware Valley College, PA; Arcadia University, PA; LaSalle University, PA.
- Putting the ‘Art & Science’ of Teaching into Practice. Delaware Valley College, PA
- Purpose Driven Technology: Digital Tools to Engage Today’s Learner. Baltimore City Public Schools, MD.
- Global Education Conference- Colllabo: The Question and Answer Community for Educators
Please contact me at email@example.com for more information.